On writing, Reiki & what ever?



When we write we are always told to write wheat we know. Well I have done that over the years, I write and write and write. I have written thousands of pages and I am sure several books. My issue is getting them into one file. I tend to start a book, have the outline, time table for each step, Oh I am organized. But then a month in, that’s it. Life happens, and I look back on that book a year or so later when I am writing another one. So write what you know has not worked so well for me. That is why I have moved towards the new trend, Blogs. Well not so new, but definitely newer than 800-page books. Which truthfully, I was never good at writing. So what do I know? I know I don’t have a lot of time to sit and read and when I do I usually fall asleep. Not because the book is boring, but because when My body stops usually my eyes do also.

So I decided to switch it up, and I feel good about this. If I feel like writing, which I usually do. I love to write. I know I am no Edgar Allen Poe or Stephen King. But that does not matter. I am Ann Shacar and I love to write. I have a very diverse background which I will share in the pages to come, But for now just trust me on that. If I get started on that path who knows what direction it will take me. I want to start with the present day. As I start this Blog, again.

Today, I have found a new-found love of who I am and what I love to do. My past has made me and today I see all the culmination of that. I also see all the wonderful directions that today can bring me, depending on which way I turn.

Thanks to a very spunky gal I met about two years ago, I have dug deeper into my Holistic business. She knew I had this background and business and said hey do you want….. and I said sure! I have been bringing my passion, Reiki, out into Health care and more specifically Long-term care now. I have developed a program that brings Reiki to companies with a focus of empowering staff to care for themselves which then leads to better care for residents. A Reiki program that focuses on Alzheimer’s & Dementia care as well as short term Rehab.


Writing about my journey with Reiki and with out Reiki is my way of bringing healing to the world. It is my goal to make sure everyone is Reiki attuned. Why? Because when we have our energy in alignment those around us feel better also. Imagine if everyone was aligned?

I have been able to bring Reiki to the local MS chapter to give individuals one more tool in helping to ease the symptoms of MS and other auto-immune diseases. It has been a wonderful blessing bringing my take on Reiki and the simplicity of this healing modality to the community. I look forward to sharing my stories on how Reiki and alternative care helps myself and those around me move through life.

So I am writing what I know and I completed my first step in knowing that you don’t have to write an 800-page book to be a writer. I welcome any feedback and questions you may have on Reiki, writing, holistic care, MS, auto-immune, Alzheimer’s / Dementia care, or any other question that pops in your head. If I can’t answer it I will try to find the answer or point you in the direction of someone that might be able to.

Peace to you
Ann

Comments